900 Mt. Curve Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55403
The Pagan Institute
P.O. Box 6809
Minneapolis, MN 55406
This unusually cool and dry summer season has been a time of significant growth in our community. Most notably Sacred Paths on Raymond in St. Paul has been established by a number of Pagan professionals and entrepreneurs as a Pagan business incubator and intimate performance space. You can buy a membership which will give you a discount for merchandize, classses and services. Sacred Paths will also rent space for classes, consultation, and events. The site was previously the Twin Cities campaign headquarters for Obama, and the vibes are wonderful!
More established Pagan institutions are also b earing fruit: Sacred Harvest Fest promises to be an outstanding event -- again. UMPA is continuing their service projects; watch for news on that in September! CUUPS has opened their annual Labor Day weekend retreat in the woods to the Pagan public. SaraCura has created a new outlet for artisans and artists and other small businesses. (See story on our local arts page.)
Find out what else will be happening in the Pagan community by checking out our news and event pages.
The mission of Twin Cities Pagan News is
- to foster public Pagan worship;
- to promote the developmment of local Pagan institutions for advocacy, charity, mutual aid, and networking, such as Pagan Pride Day; and
- to faciltate people finding the groups whose culture best fit their needs and values.
Since 2001, this editor and our webmaster have been publicizing open to the public Pagan events for dozens of groups. Longevity is a good thing, but there's plenty of room for improvement, and we're looking for other folks to help make the magic happen.
TwinCities Pagan News is always looking for news stories about our Pagan community. We invite you to send them along with your comments and suggestions to the editor.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR MORE REPORTERS!
Write us if you'd like to join Grace as a regular reporter on local Pagan news. We're especially interested in an assistant editor with Dreamweaver or html experience and a reporter for local environmental activities, such as seed-sharing, participating in secular groups engaged in environmental care, guerilla gardening, and co-op gardening (Moonglow's yard, Gemini Jack's labor, and Caw_Crone's instruction).
IF YOU HAVE AN EVENT TO PUBICIZE
please send us the full details -- including price. We generally offer free publicity in our standard format if your event is free or for a small donation. Reciprocal publicity is rewarded with preferential placement and treatment. We reserve the right to edit or reject free ads.
If your class, program or event is generating income for presenters, we offer advertising at a nominal fee, to help sustain this service. Paid ads can contain your art and other special treatment. Paid advertising also receives preferential and sometimes multiple placement.
How can YOU help make this this 'zine more useful to Paganistan?
- Tell YOUR story for our local Pagan news page by submitting it to our editor.
- Send your SUGGESTIONS to the editor.
- Submit your event information as early as possible. We can run it for 90 days. If you send it in AFTER the 25th of the month, your listing may not be up when our subscribers get their reminder.
- Please check your ad or free publicity for accuracy.
- If we're publicizing your event, please reciprocate by letting others know that this 'zine is available on the Internet at
When you reciprocate publicity, more Pagans
will know more about Paganistan doings. This helps grow our
entire community. Please let us know when you do this so we can reward your courtesy with extra publicity.
- To pay for webservices and software used for this website, (and get that link-checking software we so desperately need), we've started taking advertising from businesses and professionals serving our community. BUSINESSES: you can have a full color, linked business card sized ad on the page of your choice for only $10/mo. READERS: Please let our advertisers know that you saw their ad in Twin Cities Pagan News.
- Subscribe to our monthly update notice -- it's free. You'll get a monthly email when the pages have been updated. Subscriptions are important because they will let our advertisers know how many local folks we can reach for them. (Currently, that's almost 3,000!)
- If you value what we're doing, please contribute what you think it's worth to you to have one place to go for so much information about your local Pagan community.
You can make your check out to CUUPS-TwinCities with "TwinCities Pagan News" in the memo and mail it to:
CUUPS-TwinCities c/o FUS
900 Mt. Curve Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55406
Chtista Landon, ed.
Peoples Local 554,
International Brotherhood of Elves and Gnomes (IBEG)
the local Pagan businesses
You can reach 2800 local Pagans with a business card ad here for $10/mo or $100/year.
Green Witches love
Loon Commons: http://looncommons.org